Sunday, January 2, 2011

52 Weeks of Me - Week 1 {Traditional}

So here is goes. Jessie @ The Lucas Zoo and I are hosting a little (hahaha) project called 52 Weeks of Me.
My objectives are to try and be creative, learn to use my camera and maybe even learn a few things about myself. I turn the camera on everyone I meet practically and learn a lot about people by the photos I take. I hope to do the same with myself.
I also read what Kimberely @ Altering Life wrote this morning and realized the same thing. My boys will look back and see their whole childhood documented in pictures but hardly a photo of me.
I will say that just taking a traditional, sit there and look at the camera picture was really hard. It's was hard to look "natural" and not so forced.

Week1_traditional

I almost forgot, the theme for next week will be Reflective Surfaces.

So here is to a great new year and a journey that I intend to complete. Hope you will joins us.

Don't forget you can also put your photo's on the Flickr Group and Jessie has the Mister Linky which I will try and figure out soon (lol).

13 comments:

  1. Cara that is a beautiful shot of you! You even managed some depth of field in there and that is awesome! I know what you mean about trying to look natural though :) What a year it is going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful shot of you, Cara. I love it! I agree with you about it being hard to sit there and take a traditional portrait of yourself. I had so many stupid smiles going on, or ones that I looked a little pissed (I probably was - haha). So finally I gave up and just picked one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the first picture I've ever seen of you. You are absolutely gorgeous!!!! You should definitely be in more pictures!

    I know what you mean about it being hard to take a picture of yourself. I have the hardest time. They always look so posed and strange. But this shot of you is fabulous! You did a great job!


    Hope you have a fabulous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shot Cara!

    I'm so impressed. The lighting, the focus. And I have to say... I love your hair!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shot is beautiful! I am excited to be doing this challenge!
    Happy New Year!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cara, you are simply stunning. I love everything about this photo. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed the theme for this week. But at least I made it. but do tell how did you get such great DOF?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Cara. Simply stunning.

    And such an interesting thought about how much you learn by taking photos of a person. That should add a little depth to my self portrait taking, and hopefully take away a little bit of the sting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a lovely lady, Cara! You share your inside beauty with us all the time...now we get to see the outside, too. I'm inspired. I wish my camera worked better so I could join in this terrific project...but taking a photo without hands physically on the camera is almost impossible - the darn thing turns itself off!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful picture :) I wish my pictures turned out this good...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shot...beautiful subject.

    ReplyDelete