Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cookies With Dad

I think this is going to become a little tradition of my boys. This is the second year in a row that Michael decided to bake cookies (Chocolate Chip of course) with the boys. This is the man who can not cook according to him. Well, to be honest, he can't, I had to intervene twice to remind him of some "cookies 101" rules (like you have to cream the butter with the sugar, not add cream to the butter and the sugar). Other than that they did the rest on their own, and yes, they made that mess just fine without my help.
cookies with dad
I was okay with the mess, my boys had a blast and Francesco and Nicolo got to give the Christmas Gift from Parents a whirl. All the utensil and stuff (except the Kitchen Aid Mixer) are from a company call "Curious Chef". They are plastic and have nice handles for little hands, plus the apron, hat and oven mittens are so cute. He even used one of the knives to cut an apple the other day and it worked just fine (I of course supervise even with plastic knives). I think I see him taken over dinner duty for me in the future....ahhhhhhh wouldn't that be nice!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great tradition to have! Yummy too. ;o) The apron and hat are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool. Dinner duty might be next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, so cute. The apron and hat look adorable. I'm going to have to go check out the site. Now the question is.....were the cookies as good as or better than yours in the end? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be nice. I threaten to make my kids cook dinner all the time, but they haven't called my bluff yet. I will definitely check out that site. Sounds like they have some cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete