Friday, October 3, 2008

The Power of Caffeine

Months ago my niece and I made Terrariums.  Here's a little reminder picture with my cute niece.


She decided to take the larger Terrarium home with her and left me with this little guy.  I put him in my window above my sink.  I watered it approximately every other day with coffee.  I would just  dump any left over coffee in it in the morning and now look at it.


If only I looked that good from drinking coffee.

** I poured coffee in it because my MIL told me she use to dump left over coffee in some of her plants and they really like it.  One morning as I was pouring the left over coffee down the drain and  I remembered what she said.  I decided to pour  a little into the plant.  It started to grow and I just keep pouring coffee in it.  It really seems to like it.  I have some of the original plant outside that gets just water and the same sun as this and it is no were near the same size.

5 comments:

  1. with coffee? why? WOW! The plant looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I've heard of coffee grounds for plants, but never tried coffee! Maybe that is why I have a black thumb!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anglophilefootballfanatic.comOctober 3, 2008 at 12:10 PM

    Caffeine? Is that why my house plants are so sickly? WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow. Coffee who knew?????

    I think I will try this, oh wait I hardly ever have any left to dump, maybe I should make a little extra.

    ReplyDelete