Friday, July 20, 2007

TGIF

I made it through my first week at my new position. The hardest thing to get use to will be sitting in a office chair most of the day.

I do feel like a fish out of water. I went from working in the clinical word (with people) to now working in the technical world (with computers).

This past week I went to more meetings than I did in my last 5 years at my previous job. One day the project manager even told us to go to lunch and expense it. I almost fell out of my chair, I never got lunch at my last job let alone go out and charge it to someone else.

Soon I will go to school to really learn the system I will be working on. I hope that after that I will at least feel like I belong in the pond with all the other big fish.

Overall, a good week. I am learning all new things and I am really excited about the challenge. Let hope I am still saying that in 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment