Monday, April 27, 2009

Best Shot Monday

I am feeling very disconnected lately, I am certain it has to do with my crazy work schedule. One week to go, overnight shift, hanging in there.

I had not pick up my camera for so long it had dust on it. Then when I turned it on it wouldn't take picture, arghh. In the end it was only because my lens aperture ring was not locked at the minimum aperture, can you say Thank God. For about 20 minutes I thought something was really wrong.

I actually did not have to work on Sunday and I took the time to hang out with the family. While Michael and Francesco drove a boat around the lake, Nicolo and I hung out on Nana's front lawn. He still hasn't taken off with the walking but will take 3 - 4 steps when he wants.

I am not sure why I did these in B&W, the grass in my MIL yard is so vividly green, I think it reflect my mood a little.





Swing on by an visit Tracey's for more Best Shot Mondays
!

15 comments:

  1. such sweetness. Sending positive vibes to get you through the last stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it in black and white. LOVE it. Hope it's calming down for you.
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are beautiful! I just love black and whites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes shots are better in color.
    Some shots are better in B&W.
    These are great just the way they are!!

    I get so freaked out when my camera wants to act up on me... And it usually is always something like you describe. Then I breathe a sigh of relief when I figure out the problem...

    Here's to you, working mama!
    Happy BSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those night shifts are soooo hard. B/W fit my mood too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is getting so big, Cara! I can't believe all that hair. It'll be another 2 years until Tyler grows that much! :) Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the b/w make them so timeless. what beautiful shots!! i know that feeling of disconnect....hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like them in b&w. the lines of the windows and the contrast spotlights that very cute little one of yours :). hope work calms down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The photos are lovely. By the way, your site is fabulous. I'm the mom of two Italian baminos, too (Gino and Nick) and can totally relate.
    I especially like your blog's title.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cara, these are beautiful. I love his expressions! Funny, mine isn't into walking yet, either; I'll catch him standing on his own, just hanging out, but when he sees me he sits right down! I can wait on the walking (and more chasing!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry you're feeling lost in the twilight zone. I hope you're able to find some time again soon! Night shift would be brutal. What is your job again? These pictures look so timeless in b&w. N is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think life in general (for a lot of us) has been black and white lately. Regardless, Nicolo is an absolute doll. Look at those curls in his hair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hang in there! Hubby has done several "go lives" over our marriage, so I can sypathize from afar. I don't know how he functioned on so little sleep!

    Great shots of Nicolo, too. B&W always works in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such classic shots of the little man.

    Hang in there on the night shift...I know just how you feel! My fingers are crossed that your last week of it goes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, Cara I just LOVE these - the processing with the house behind it reminds me of an old photo from the 50s or something - and he is SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete