Friday, November 5, 2010

A little disclaimer

The other day I posted a photo of Nicolo:
nico_rainbow-9

I only wrote one sentence:
You answered so many questions...and created so many more!

I didn't think much of it because that was the thought that went through my head as I looked at the picture.

Then Joanna commented:"Intriguing post. Beautiful boy! :)"

When I read her comment I went back to the post and read the sentence and thought, "that is a bit intriguing, what excellently did I mean by that?"

I thought I might explain.
"You answered so many questions..."

1. What would it be like to have another child?
2. What would it be like to have another BOY!?
3. Would those two boys be very similar or COMPLETE opposites of each other?
4. What would it be like to see myself in another human-beings face?
5. Can you really love another child just as much as the first?
6. Will I every be able to get two kids and a husband out the door and be on time for work?
7. What did my dad looked like as a little boy?
8. Do some kids really eat dirt?
9. What is it like to have a child that is content to play solo and spend time by themselves.


"and created so many more."
1. Why do some kids just refuse to use utensils?
2. Why is it that dirt seems to find you?
3. Do I want to do this all again?
4. Do I need to do this all again?
5. Will you be as interesting as a boy as you are a toddler?
6. Will I survive those years?
7. Why did God think I could handle two energetic boys?
8. Will you and Francesco be friends and can I do anything to make sure that you are?
9. Will I able to instill in you what my parents did in me?
10. Will your love of dirt take you to places like MIT?

No matter the question or the answer, one thing is very clear...life would not be the same without you. I will always remember the day I realized you were on the way and never forget the day you joined us forever.

You...are my baby.
nico_rainbow-11

3 comments:

  1. There should be an award for such a poignant post. If there would, I would surely pass it on to you for this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children can create such thought without doing anything but just being alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what MGF said. So true. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on that previous post. I am sure that the list of questions will contrinue to grow as he does....

    ReplyDelete