Monday, August 2, 2010

Best News Monday

I still think I might just be dreaming but I found out today that my photo was picked as the winner of our group for the Photo Walk I participated in. On Saturday July 24th Shelly and I went to the Art Museum in Philly to participate in Scott Kelby's 3rd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk. Mind you it was 100 degrees with an heat index of 110 that day. We were dripping wet by 9:40 a.m. and our water seem to magically evaporate before we could drink it.

We found these words in the sidewalk down behind the Waterworks. We ventured down there due to the shade and some interesting wall textures. I am glad we went down there now. It's a part of the city I never knew about even after living in it for 3 years.

PPW_city

I don't know what to say except I am completely honored to have my photo picked and excited to be entered into the "Big" contest. I am also thankful to Shelly for going on this walk with me this year. Hopefully next year the weather and our schedule will be better.

Pinch me!

9 comments:

  1. yea, cara! kudos to you -- it is a fabulous photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaay! I am so excited for you. I just had to call you the minute I found out!! I had an awesome time too, despite the heat and can't wait to do it again. We really need to sit down and plan our own PhotoWalk.....how about Vegas? I'm dying to visit there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you!!!! You truly deserve the recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cool, Cara! Congrats! You totally deserve the honor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suhweeet! Nice work, Cara. It is an awesome capture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock!!! You are so talented so I am not surprised at all that you were chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOo so exciting. Your photos are always so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting! You totally deserve it -- you have such a fantastic eye for great shots!

    ReplyDelete