Thursday, April 22, 2010

Team-Up Thursday - Earth Day

Jen and I decided that since today was Earth Day we would make that our theme. The first thing I think of when you say Earth is trees. The fun part was taking the picture.
I work at a place that has a large property to it. There is an abundance of trees, flowers, a bell tower, a hospital, a mansion, a parking garage, statues etc. I was waking back from a meeting the other day when I decided to try to get this shot. What I had to do was get under a tree, lay on my back and look up through the tree. This on the front lawn of my work as people walked and drove by, in my work clothes. Like I said it was fun!

TUT_earthday

I love Jen's message and how you see it twice with the reflection. I also wonder where she took it. I like photo's that leave me guessing.

Hope you all have a great Earth Day!


Hosted by Megan and Hip Momma

9 comments:

  1. You are getting brave with your photography. I absolutely love the shot you got. Well worth the strange looks and grass stain on the work clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. weren't you hanging out in the middle of the street last week for your shot? you are a bold woman ;). love that tree shot. the angle really emphasizes the majesty of the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm just going to say it.

    YOU ROCK!

    Seriously, the perspective, the sunflare, the color of the sky and the leaves, with just that tiny hint of green against the trunk. And you captured all that while in work clothes laying in the front "lawn" at work? Yep, you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you epitomize the old saying about what a photographer will do for The Shot! and you sure did get it. THAT is the picture I really wanted to get for my theme this week, but couldn't get the perspective right. Rockin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh...yes. i already told Jen that this is my favorite dipy this week! it does my tree-hugging heart good.

    and your shot is just fabulous. the sun flare, the composition, the color...it is all just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this pairing! Happy earth day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even think of Earth Day, good theme. :) Love that shot. Looking straight up the trunk at the leaves and the sunshine, that's some excellent perspective. Almost makes a person seem very small in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with your lens flare (particularly since I STILL haven't gotten a good shot yet!!) :)))

    Wonderful team-up this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These shots, while totally different are the PERFECT compliment to each other! I love them both -- the angle and composition of yours is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete