Monday, April 19, 2010

BestShot Monday

“Experience is never limited, and it is never complete; it is an immense sensibility, a kind of huge spider-web of the finest silken threads suspended in the chamber of consciousness, and catching every air-borne particle in its tissue.” ~Henry James

4-14-10-5

I like this quote because lately I have been feeling this way, experience is never limited. I learn something new everyday, whether it be about myself, my kids, my husband, my photography or my job (just to name a few) it's new.

Today I learned:
1. Francesco can write the letter H and picks them out in all kinds of places.
2. Nicolo can say "Momma" but is still calling me NaaNaa.
3. Laying down and looking up through a tree has an interesting pattern.
4. Some people need to act their age and not their shoe size. My 3 year old has better manners.

bsm

12 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, I love this photo! Your use of depth of field really makes the central image pop. Wonderful Quote as well! I also love to lie on my back and watch the leaf patterns and the light dance through them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love this-you have captured the magic and beauty of a web. it looks like lace and sunshine-so beautiful. I totally agree with you on the ..some people needing to act their age:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a magnificent image! really captures the sense of a moment suspended ... a glimpse into a beautiful, fragile world.

    love your words :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous picture! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic shot - I especially love the itty bitty raindrops on some of the single strands. (And so so so true about acting one's age.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The detail of the web is awesome and love, love, love the bokeh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this photo Cara! The greens alone... wow.

    Interesting lessons learned. Particularly #3.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photo. Spider webs are so fascinating.
    And it sounds like there's a story to go along with #4...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! What a fantastic photo. So unique! Love the quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's amazing what we learn in a day with the time to think about it. That's great about the letter H, we were thrilled when W.W. got T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That is one amazing spider web and sweet capture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This shot is amazing -- your composition gets better every time!

    ReplyDelete