Thursday, October 21, 2010

Team Up Thursday - Milestones

Jen and I went with the theme "Milestones" this week. I originally thought that I would try to find a mile marker with the number 3 on it to symbolize my ability to run 3 miles. Unfortunately the only place I ever see a mile marker is on the interstate, and I am not stopping there. Fortunately though my son is hitting milestones left and right.

Francesco is learning to write his name, I get all ver clempt just thinking about it. This is a milestone that really get to me for some reason. It this huge symbol of him not being my baby anymore and really, really growing up. He already gets the first 3 letter FRA all on his own and only needs me to point the others out on the alphabet chart for him. I still just can't wrap my brain around my boy writing his name.

I am loving that Jen and I both featured out little men. Miller is awesomely riding that bike with no training wheels, what a huge milestone that is for a kid. Way to go Miller!!!!!!!

Milestones

For more great dips:

Hosted by Megan and Hip Momma

8 comments:

  1. What a fun week!! This will be a neat one to look at a year from now when he is writing all kinds of words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are big milestones! Writing their own name always gets to me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as milestones go, those are two big ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I was so happy/sad when Piper started writing her name and now Violet *sigh*. What a great shot of that awesome milestone. Yay for you and running 3 miles! Do I see a 5k on the horizon? Or perhaps you will challenge yourself for more? Next year I will be back there with you :) Taking a little break from running right now :) Jen has a great capture of Miller. It is hard to be a mama ready to catch them at a moments notice and also frame, set, and focus the shot. Multi tasking at it's finest - Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful dipy! Those milestones are so bittersweet. Fransesco has a big name to master and he's doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm pretty sure his handwriting is more legible than my 10-year-old's :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is wonderful that he can write his name. I love watching Ella write. At this point she is starting to write sentences with no spaces in between the words, and one or two letters under the sentence because she reached the edge of the page. Its so wonderful watching them learn! Great theme and dip this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great milestones -- and that is quite the accomplishment...Francesco doesn't have a short name to learn!

    ReplyDelete