Monday, April 16, 2007

Brainless @ 2 AM

For some god forsaken reason I have no true cognitive ability between the hours of 2:00 am and 4:30 am. I not sure if it is from shear exhaustion or shear stupidity but it occurs often.

For four day in a row Bubbie's has awaken at the witching hour of 2 something am. Now that it is just me and him during the week I don't have the will power to try and rock him back to sleep and put him in the crib. I will bring him in the bed with me and for 2 1/2 hours he will doze off, wake up, cry out, kick me in my uterus, fall asleep, wake ups, cry out, hold my hand, pull my hair, fall asleep, so on and so on x 2 1/2 hours. I spend the time trying to make him comfortable, telling my self not to feed him cause he is big enough now (25 lbs) to make it through the night with out eating.

We make it till 4:30 a.m. and FINALLY I make him and bottle, a whole 8 oz, I figure he must be starving. He has been fussing x 2 1/2 hours, he has got to be starving. He then only takes 5-6 oz. So here I am, patting myself on the back for getting him to hold out and he only take 5 oz. After 4 days of this routine and me being proud that I have him hold out, the light bulb went off.

Just maybe his teeth are bothering him at 2 am and a little Tylenol my help him out. Being 8 3/4 of a month old without a tooth in his mouth it's almost obvious that has to be on the top of the list of issues. I really don't think it is hunger, he barely finishes the bottle. Why I can't come to that conclusion and reach for the Tylenol on the bed stand at 2 am is besides me.

G told me to pin a post-it-note to his Jammy's that say TYLENOL in big letter to remind me.
I am dense, but I think that if we have the same issue tonight, Tylenol will now be my first thought.

1 comment: