Wednesday, February 1, 2012

100th Day

It's been a while but we are still here at I Miei Due Bambini, we just happen to be on the other coast now. The move to CA went well, a few issues with getting our cars here but overall not bad. It really hit me when our cars showed up, driving a rental car when we first got here made me fell like a visitor. Once my mini-van got here it was official, we moved.
So far all is going well. The kids are adjusting better and quicker than I am. The one thing I can say that I am completely impressed with is Francesco's school and teacher. She has been so helpful and such a great influence on him with this transition. He still asks for his prior teachers and class mates but he is really enjoying his new school.
Coming up soon he was assigned a 100th Day of School project. We had to get 100 of something and display it for the occasion. In the process of the move we found a box of Pez Dispensers and since we have gotten here we came across it again. I can't find the towels, but I found the Pez Dispensers. We thought that would be different and we had 100 of them so it fit the bill. Thanks to my sister (who both Francesco and I miss the most) we used pipe cleaners and foam core board for the display.
Pixel of course had to get in the picture - as you can see she made it here in one piece too.
100th day-5

The Star Wars ones are both Francesco and my favorites.
100th day-4

I am hoping as we continue to settle I will find a little more time to blog. Now I really need to keep this up so all my wonderful friends and family can see what i miei due bambini are up too.

5 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you're all settling in! Can't wait to hear more about your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! What part of CA did you end up in?? Where have I been? Is it close to LA? Could we really meet in real life someday??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet his 100 items blew everyone out of the water. I just sent puzzle pieces to school in a ziploc bag. I am so glad you guys are all settled and adjusting well. It ws so nice to see you pop up in my google reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FABULOUS project for 100 days! I'm so impressed (but not at all surprised!)

    I've been thinking about you and your big move and hoping that it has gone well. Crossing my fingers that you settle in soon!

    ReplyDelete