Sunday, February 27, 2011

52 Weeks of Me - Week 9 {Shadow}

I thought Shadow was a fun theme, I really wanted to get my kids in the shot but they were having way to much fun playing hopscotch to be bothered by a picture. I swear spring is around the corner, we were outside without coats, chalking up the driveway and enjoying a Sunday afternoon.
I did not get my shot until today due to the world-wind number of events going on. Okay, it may not be world-wind, but it feels like it to me. We had the whole family over yesterday which was nice, but busy. Today we signed Francesco up for Kindergarten...I almost cried, but I held it together. Before I know it Nicolo will me potty trained...a girl can dream.

DSC_8509.jpg

Next weeks theme: New Angle, I know many of you will rock this one!

Thanks to all those who are participating! Don't forget there is the Flickr Group and we are as always open for theme suggestions. Plus, if you want this cute blog button swing by Jessie's she has the code.




6 comments:

  1. I love your shadow over the hopscotch chalk. Great idea!! Great portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say I liked how you incorporated the hopscotch with your shadow. We have been playing outside a lot here too. Loving this warm weather. K is hard. Very hard. I am over 1/2 way through and it is still hard for me. You may not know this but I made my husband take her the first day because I couldn't. I cried during the teacher meet and greet. I still cry when I leave her. I have serious growing up issues :) You seem much more together than me so I am sure you will do awesome but we are here for you if you need us to vent to or a cyber shoulder to cry on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture.. it is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect shadow shot Cara!! Love the hopscotch in the photo too. I am right there with you on the Kindergarten registration, but we still have a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to move south. It snowed this weekend in my part of the world. Being outside without a coat seems like a dream. I love this shadow shot. I hope I can get organized for this theme. It looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how your photo turned out, Cara! I read Marguerite's comment on Flickr and I was thinking the exact same thing: It reminds me of the old Ipod commercials. Love it!

    ReplyDelete