Monday, May 10, 2010

Best Shot Monday - First Communion

My sweet niece made her 1st Holy Communion this weekend. I remember how nervous I was to make my first communion. You could see the tension in the children's faces as they approached the priest for the first time and then the proud relief when they had finished sipping the communion wine. The best part is the gathering of family and friends to celebrate the occasion. Not to mentions she is awfully cute. Don't let this photo fool you, she is a little spitfire.
5-8

The path lead me to my family and a celebration of a sacrament. Where did yours lead you this weekend. Head on over to Tracey's for more Best Shot Monday's.

bsm

8 comments:

  1. Love this shot, Cara. She is a doll! I especially love the shallow DOF that draws your attention to those gorgeous eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! She looks like an angel. Best shot, indeed! So pretty. :)

    Congratulations to your niece. I remember my 1st communion very clearly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shot of her! What a great photo. I bet her mom and dad are going to cherish that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredibly sweet photo! She's very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those eyes. Beautiful shot of a beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful eyes! Definitely an picture perfect shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous! The lace and how you've captured the light in her eyes...perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH she is beautiful, what a wonderful capture of the moment!

    ReplyDelete