Monday, October 26, 2009

I Just Couldn't Take It

It's been two weeks since I have posted and just as long since I have held my camera to my eye. I took the plunge and sent it off to the manufacturer for a cleaning and adjustment. I really started to notice visible dust as well as a graininess to my photos even with a low ISO. It was really hard to pack it up and hand it over but I am certain I will be pleased I did once it has been serviced.

That being said I thought that I would be able to hold off taking any photos for a few weeks, come on how hard can it be?

Really hard. I see "photos" everywhere and there are times when I am out that I wish I had my camera with me. When I am home I just run for it and start snapping away. So I couldn't take it anymore and dug out the Point and Shoot. I messed with the settings and even was able to set it to take the photos in the RAW format. Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

First off, in the RAW format on a little point and shoot it took at least 6 seconds to write a photo to the card and I had to wait after hitting the shutter and even on a burst mode it was not good at focusing, then it wore the battery down in like 2 minutes. Not good.

Yesterday, since it stopped raining we decided to spend the afternoon out side. I was sitting on the ground while all the kids were playing and the neighbors were hanging out. I started seeing photos again, so I ran for the Point and Shoot. This time I just left it in JPEG, and played around with it in Aperture Mode.







Last I checked, my camera status was bill, which I am hoping means that they are collecting payment and will be shipping it back to me soon.

12 comments:

  1. LOVE your processing...they all look so vintagy. Digging the trike shot with the teddy bear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the perspective in all these -- that inspires me to shoot from the hip. i use my p&s at the beach and other places i don't want to haul my dslr, and frankly, it can be liberating! hope you get your other one back soon, though :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fabulous shots! You are so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, it's not the camera, but the person behind the camera. These are great (and I totally get how you "see" pictures)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not the camera that makes art - it's the photographer. These photos prove that! Awesome processing and really awesome comp and perspective. I hope you get your baby back in your hands soon, tho - and I hope the results are worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots with your little P&S. Mine is really a piece of doodoo, so I can't take anything decent with it. Hope you get your camera soon. I really need to send mine in for service, too. I don't know how I can part with it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to do the exact same thing Cara. It's so hard to let it go though. ;)

    I think you made out pretty well with your PAS. Love the vintage processing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, forgot to say, love your new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking of having my camera cleaned up. I think it's had one too many trips to the beach. And maybe one too many times in Zoe's sticky hands. I can't even tell you where my old camera is though. I may need to purchase a little point and shoot just so I can stand handing over my camera.

    The shots though... those are great. P&S or dslr. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great shots! My fave is the 2nd one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great P&S shots! So, did you get it back yet? Which factory did you send it to? I'm not such a fan of the California factory so far...at least as far as customer service goes...they haven't even logged my camera in and it got there last THURSDAY!

    ReplyDelete