Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mia Due Bambini

~My two children~

Bubbie's Corner is no more. His brother Hercules is here and he is going to share his little corner of the web.

It has been a busy two weeks, lots of diapers changes, feeding and tons of love. Bubbie is doing great with his brother, much better than Mommy ever thought. Hercules is such a different baby than Bubbie and we are glad of that. Bubbie was a high demand infant (probably because I jumped at his every cry) and Hercules is so laid back. We joke that Bubbie looks like G and has my type A personality and Hercules look like me and had G's laid back personality.

Hercules had his first doctors appointment last week. We left the hospital 2 ozs heavier than birth and when we got to the pediatrician a week latter he was another 2.8 ozs. So a 9 lbs 4.8 ozs they felt that we did not require any weight checks and could come back in a month.

Being the mother of a second baby has also been very different. I don't jump at every whimper, and I do not wake a sleeping baby after two hours because he "should be hungry". I am so much more relaxed the second time around. I guess that since Bubbie made it we must know something.

Bubbie has done extremely well with the new addition. The only issue we have had, has been going to bed at night. He use to go down for the night without a fight and by himself. In the past 2 weeks we have had to sit in the room with him. No we try to put the baby to bed first *nudge, nudge, wink, wink* and we let Bubbie kiss him and turn the light out in his room, then Bubbie goes to bed afterwards. The first night we tried this it didn't work, but day three we had a fairly peaceful bedtime. Keep your fingers crossed.

G goes back to work this week and then it is just me and the baby at home (I am so looking forward to that). It really cracked me up that my husband took time off from work to help me with the baby for two weeks after delivery. It cracked me up because he painted the living room, redirected the downspouts on the house, dug up the back yard, reseeded the lawn, and played with his new work laptop. Even funnier was him calling me on his cell phone from the backyard (while I am in the shower with the baby in the bouncy in the bathroom) to get him supplies.

All in all we are all doing well and very blessed with two health children (due bambini). The adventure of motherhood continues and just got more exciting!


  1. *congrats*

    Best wishes to you all.

  2. aww sounds like all four of you are settling in quite nicely!

  3. Sounds like things are going well.

    Good luck next week when G goes back to work. That first day alone with two kids was so liberating to me. :)