Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sickness

For those of you who know Francesco and those who have read my blog I am pretty sure you get a sense of the enormous amount of energy the boy has.

Friday morning (12:20 am) he woke up coughing and crying, low grade fever. Within the hour he was at 103.5 degrees F, a dose of Motrin and another hour we were all back to sleep.

Come the lovely hour of 5 a.m. the fever had returned, now it's time for Tylenol. By the time my husband left for work with Nicolo I was starting to question if he was really sick, he was bouncing off the walls.

2 hours later as I was on a conference call for work I knew he was not well. He told me he was "tired" ( totally not something he would ever say) and then he laid still and quiet on the couch. I actually had the people on the call hold on a second so I could check on him because he was so quiet.


sickness, originally uploaded by cgiordan25.


After my call I knew he needed to see the doctor, also because when I looked at his throat I saw a bunch of "pus" on his tonsils. I had given him another dose of Motrin by this time and as we waiting in the doctors off he played cars, rode around the room on the doctors stool, and open all the drawers that were not locked. I again started to question if he was sick.


As I tried to explain to the doctor that this child who was tearing up his exam room was really sick, he stopped me and said, "his rapid Step was positive, good call Mom!"


Again as the afternoon progressed he was "tired" and as the Motrin kicked in he bounced off the walls. It was like caring for Sybil.


This a.m. , after a few doses of antibiotics, he was back to normal, which means he was never tired and did not stop all day. All day (starting at 6:00 a.m.)!

6 comments:

  1. Good call, indeed! Poor little guy. Glad to hear he is up and about again, once again keeping you on your toes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mom know best,
    I just wish that he would if rested for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta trust your gut, Mama! Good call. I'm glad he's feeling better. Such sweet photos of your sick little man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Francesco! Hope he feels better! Love the photo series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. A Mama just knows!! Hope he's on to the road to recovery now.

    ReplyDelete